MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- American Dairy Science Association (ADSA)
- American Society of Animal Science (ASAS)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- American Feed Ingredients Association
- Northeast Ag and Feed Alliance Board
- Feed Analysis Consortium Board
- Vermont Feed Dealers and Manufacturers Board
- Gamma Sigma Delta
- Dairy Shrine
- New York Farm Bureau
- Clinton County Extension Board
- The Development Corporation of Clinton County (TDC) Board
- Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Board
- Rotary International
ADJUNCT FACULTY APPOINTMENTS
- University of Vermont, Department of Animal Science
- Cornell University, Department of Animal Science
- Plattsburgh State University, Earth and Environmental Science
- ANSC 234 Advanced Dairy Management at University of Vermont
- ENV 440 Agriculture and Environment at SUNY-Plattsburgh
- Forage and Nonforage Sources of Fiber
- Carbohydrate Nutrition
- Dairy Cattle Behavior
- President – William H. Miner Agricultural Research Institute, 2003 to present
- Professor - University of Nebraska, 2001 to 2003
- Associate Professor - University of Nebraska, 1995 to 2001
- Assistant Professor - University of Nebraska, 1990 to 1995
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist - University of Wisconsin, Madison. 1989 to 1990
Grant, R. J., and J. L. Albright. 2000. Feeding behaviour. Pages 365-382 in Farm Animal Metabolism and Nutrition. J.P.F. D’Mello, ed. CABI Publ., New York, NY.
Sniffen, C. J., C. S. Ballard, M. P. Carter, K. W. Cotanch, H. M. Dann, R. J. Grant, P. Mandebvu, M. Suekawa, and S. A. Martin. 2006. Effects of malic acid on microbial efficiency and metabolism in continuous culture of rumen contents on performance of midlactation dairy cows. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 127:13-31.
Dann, H. M., M. P. Carter, K. W. Cotanch, C. S. Ballard, T. Takano, and R. J. Grant. 2007. Effect of partial replacement of forage neutral detergent fiber with byproduct neutral detergent fiber in close-up diets on periparturient performance of dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 90:1789-1801.
Grant, R. J. 2007. Ethanol byproducts: dairy. Encyclopedia of Animal Sciences. Ed W.G. Pond and A. W. Bell. Taylor & Francis Group, London, UK.
Hill, C. T., P. D. Krawczel, H. M. Dann, C. S. Ballard, R. C. Hovey, W. A. Falls, and R. J. Grant. 2009. Effect of stocking density on the short-term behavioral responses of dairy cows. Appl. Anim. Behav. Sci. 117: 144-149.
Krawczel, P. D., C. T. Hill, H. M. Dann, and R. J. Grant. 2008. Effect of stocking density on indices of cow comfort. J. Dairy Sci. 91:1903-1907.
Grant, R.J., H. M. Dann, C. S. Ballard, and E. Thomas. 2008. Comparison of brown midrib sorghum sudangrass silage with corn silage on lactational performance and nutrient digestibility in Holstein dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 91:307-317.