MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
• American Chemical Society
• American Society of Agronomy
• American Association for the Advancement of Science
• Soil Science Society of America
• Soil and Water Conservation Society
• Sigma Xi
ADJUNCT FACULTY APPOINTMENTS
Department of Plant and Soil Science, University of Vermont, Burlington
• Advanced Dairy Management, University of Vermont (ANCS 234)
• Agriculture and the Environment, Plattsburgh State University (ENV 440)
RESEARCH AND TEACHING INTERESTS
• Nutrient management, soil fertility/chemistry, phosphorus and nitrogen dynamics, nutrient losses in subsurface drainage, nonpoint source water quality management, effectiveness of agricultural best management practices, integrated crop management
• Research Agronomist/Soil Scientist, W. H. Miner Agricultural Research Institute, 2009 to present.
• Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Vermont, 2006 to 2009.
• Research and Teaching Assistant, SUNY-ESF, 2002 to 2006.
• Watershed Agricultural Resource Conservationist, Onondaga County SWCD, 2000 to 2002.
• Agronomist, Cornell Cooperative Extension, 1999 to 2000.
• Graduate Research Assistant, W. H. Miner Agricultural Research Institute, 1996 to 1998.
Young, E. O., D.S. Ross, B.J. Cade-Menun, and C. Liu. Phosphorus characterization in riparian soils using solution nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and phosphatase enzymes (in preparation).
Young, E.O., D.S. Ross, C. Alves, and T. Villars. 2011. Soil and landscape influences on native riparian phosphorus availability in three Lake Champlain Basin stream corridors. J. Soil Water Conserv. (in press).
Young, E. O., and R.D. Briggs. 2008. Phosphorus concentrations in soil and subsurface water: A field study among cropland and riparian buffers. J. Environ. Qual. 37: 69–78.
Young, E. O., and R.D. Briggs. 2007. Nitrogen dynamics among cropland and riparian buffers: Soil-landscape influences. J. Environ. Qual. 36:801–814.
Young, E. O., and R.D. Briggs. 2005. Shallow ground water nitrate-N and ammonium-N in cropland and riparian buffers. Agriculture, Ecosystems, and Environment 109: 297–309.
Young, E. O., and D.S. Ross. 2001. Phosphate release from seasonally flooded soils: A laboratory microcosm study. J. Environ. Qual. 30: 91–101.